JOIN A NATIONAL COHORT OF OVER 4,000 AHEC SCHOLARS ACROSS THE COUNTRY
As an AHEC Scholar, you can set yourself apart in an ever-changing and increasingly competitive healthcare system with a nationally recognized program.
THIS TWO-YEAR PROGRAM IS DESIGNED TO PROVIDE OPPORTUNITIES FOR HEALTH PROFESSIONS STUDENTS TO:
- Increase leadership skills and build your professional network
- Broaden scope of practice and learn strategies to become a better practitioner
- Understand and address social determinants of health in rural and underserved communities
- Recognize the role of practice transformation in addressing health and public health issues
WHAT MAKES AN AHEC SCHOLAR UNIQUE?
- Prepares and promotes a diverse, skilled health workforce in rural and underserved communities throughout New York
- Flexible and complimentary to existing curriculum
- Work in team-based environments that foster inclusivity
- Learn and understand the unique challenges that face underserved and rural New York populations when accessing care and achieving good health status
- Currently enrolled in an approved health professions degree program
- Able to commit to active participation as an AHEC Scholar for two consecutive years while concurrently working towards your degree program
- Interest in working in a rural and/or underserved area within New York upon graduation