JOIN A NATIONAL COHORT OF OVER 4,000 AHEC SCHOLARS ACROSS THE COUNTRY
- Be currently matriculated into an accredited allied health or health professional degree/certificate program; and
- Be interested in improving the health quality of individuals in underserved healthcare communities.
Each AHEC Scholar will be required to complete 40 hours of didactic education and 40 hours of community-based experiential training per year (80 hours total for didactic and 80 hours total for experiential throughout the 2-year program).
Didactic education includes online curriculum that addresses:
- Cultural competency
- Understanding vulnerable populations
- Behavioral health integration
- Interprofessional care coordination
- Healthcare reform and quality improvement
The curriculum is delivered through videos, journal articles, and online certificate programs.
CURRENT CNYAHEC COHORTS
CNYAHEC has cohorts with students from Binghamton University and Le Moyne College. If you are interested in becoming an AHEC Scholar, please apply below or email Lauren Anderson, Center Director, at email@example.com.