CNYAHEC and the Bassett Healthcare Network are partnering together to give high school students, college students and professionals looking for a career change the opportunity to job shadow in one of the fastest growing and in high demand fields in health care, Medical Laboratory Science. This program is strongly recommended for students interested in science, math and/or the health care field.
What exactly does a Medical Laboratory Technologist do?
- Perform complex medical laboratory tests for diagnosis, treatment, and preventing of disease.
- Conduct chemical analysis of body fluids, to determine presence of normal or abnormal components.
- Analyze laboratory findings to check the accuracy of results.
- Collect and study blood samples to determine the number of cells, their morphology, or their blood group, blood type, or compatibility for transfusion purposes, using microscopic techniques.
- Enter data from analysis of medical tests or clinical results into a computer for storage.
Where can you participate in the program?
Locations include: Sidney, Cobleskill, Herkimer, Delhi, Little Falls, Oneonta and Cooperstown, NY.
When can you apply?
Right now!! Applications are accepted on a rolling basis and there is no deadline to apply. Click here to fill out an application today!
Please contact Claire Payne at email@example.com with any questions.