There are two Community groups currently associated with NYSARH: the NYSARH community group, or the “parent group”, and the SUNY Potsdam Student Chapter group, or the “sub-group”.SUNY Potsdam student members will be members of both groups, but NYSARH members will only be members of the NYSARH group. The logic behind this is:
- First and foremost, this is the single-most effective way for NYSARH members and students to communicate with each other, spread information, events, and anything that goes beyond what is covered by the features discussed in this guide.
- This engagement between NYSARH members and students is best conducted in the NYSARH group, of which both parties are a part of and any member on HWapps can join.
- The individual Student Chapter Community groups are currently private for the reason that they will be used for administrative and internal affairs such as minutes-posting, official document posting, event scheduling, and easy inter-member communication.
Accessing the Community groups can be done through one of the following ways:
- From the NYSARH page, by selecting Connect with Students from the For NYSARH members menu drop-down. This will bring you to the NYSARH member group (both students and NYSARH members).
- From the NYSARH members group page, individual Student Chapter groups can be accessed by clicking on them on the right-side of the page.
- Once you are a member, you can easily navigate to the Community by clicking on the link at the top of the HWapps page. Once there, members can view the groups they are a part of by clicking My Groups (red arrow in Figure 1).